Sunday, July 7, 2013

Challenge #58 Winners...and a New Design Team!

Not quite as many projects to admire this week. We can only hope that everyone is out enjoying the sunshine! Those that did play, thank you very much for your time and your beautiful creations.

Inlinkz chose Lizzie R as our winner this week. Can you believe Lizzie used paper that is almost a decade old? It was one of the first paper pads she bought when she started scrapbooking. Way to go, Lizzie!


Lizzie, congratulations and thanks for playing. We hope to see you again soon as a Guest Designer for an upcoming challenge. Please feel free to add this badge to your blog.


And, here are our "sunshiny" picks for Design Team Top 2 this challenge!

Chris V with her adorable card. She used ribbons, twine and a sentiment sticker all from her stash of hoarded goods.


And Deborah Johnson with her sweet layout using mists that are over a year old and paper so old that she doesn't even know what brand it is anymore!



Thank you for brightening our week with your projects. Feel free to add the Top 2 Pick badge for your blog, ladies. Congratulations and thanks for playing!!


And, last challenge marked the sunset on one Design Team term, as the sun rises on another! We're happy to announce our Term 5 team. Once again, you'll be happy to find a few familiar faces and a few new faces to show us their talent over the next six months.

First of all, last term Use It Tuesday launched our Facebook presence. We're excited to connect with you in a new way, but also stepping into unfamiliar territory. Returning to help us with this tremdendous task is Stephanie, our new Social Media Goddess.


My names is Stephanie, and I live in New Mexico. I am a mom to three kids - a 5 year old girl, a 3 year old boy, and an almost 2 yo girl. My days are filled with keeping them happy and safe, teaching online classes for our local community college, trying to keep the house presentable, and crafting! I have always liked to craft, but I really got into scrapbooking three years ago. Before then, my "stash" could fit in roughly a 1ft by 1ft by 1ft container - including most of my tools. Now, just my 12x12 papers take up more than that! So, I am here to use my stash and help others find creative ways to stop hoarding and CREATE!
 
Returning to Use It Tuesday for another term is...


I'm excited to be back again for another term on the UIT Design Team. I am a hoarder. If they ever did a Hoarders episode for scrapbookers, I would be on it!  I have lots and lots of stuff and never seem to use it up. It's in shelves, on shelves, on the floor, in the desk, under the stairs, pretty much every possible place I can cram it into. It is just never ending. I love being on this DT because it forces me to find and use what I know I have! I live in Calgary, Alberta Canada (just down the highway from Heather ;) ) and I do both scrapbooking and cardmaking. I am also a SMASHer and have about 3 SMASH books on the go right now. My favorite subject is my 4 yr old son. I love surfing the net for scrappy ideas and also watching YouTube. When I am not crafting I enjoy going to movies, camping, traveling and reading.


Hello! I'm Nicole, a single gal living in Green Bay, Wisconsin. I'm anything but a morning person; therefore, you'll find me craftHello! I'm Nicole, a single gal living in Green Bay, Wisconsin. I'm anything but a morning person; therefore, you'll find me crafting late at night with coffee in hand. I fell in love with card making and scrapbooking 4 years ago after taking a job designing for a paper arts store; however, I've always had a desire to create. Documenting the details of life is my main goal, and I have a passion to share that with others. I'm so excited to begin another term with Use It Tuesday, using all the goodies I have hoarded over the years! I hope to inspire you to do the same!
  
Tracy

Hey! My name is Tracy and I live in Nova Scotia, Canada. I am a newly wed to my talented husband Sean (a band teacher) and stepmother to 2 beautiful teenage girls, Zoe and Margaret. So you'll find us somewhere between highland dance classes, piano lessons or volleyball practice through the week. Rounding out our little family is our crazy pooch Kya. Aside from paper crafting I am a classical musician playing the french horn, I love to kayak and with the family we love to watch movies and geocache. I've been a paper crafter for about 14 years. Although I do a little of everything, I LOVE to scrapbook. I am excited to be a part of the Use it Tuesday design team, as I hope it will force me to dig deeper into my stash. What I love to collect most? Paper and flowers!

And joining us for the first time this term will be...

Becky


I am thrilled to be joining the Use it Tuesday team! I live in Southern California with my high-school sweetheart turned husband. We recently adopted a dachshund who has become the center of my scrappy inspiration. When I am not scrapping pictures of our furbaby, I work on making a dent on our wedding album (even though it's been two years already, oops!). I mainly enjoy creating 12x12 layouts although I'll make a card or altered item once in awhile. Besides being crafty, I enjoy reading, surfing the web for new creative ideas, and occasionally watching junk t.v. (I'll admit it!). Looking forward to digging into my ever growing stash and finally using it!

Brenshevia


I am the mother of 2 young adult children and the grandmother of 3 toddlers ages 5, 3 and 9 months.  They are the primary subjects of my pages. On rare occasions I have been known to actually scrap my children from time to time lol but mostly its the grandbabies.  I have been scrapping since 2007 and it is my favorite way to relax and unwind.  Some people need Calgon to take them away, well I need scrapping! I have been published several times so that was awesome.  I love clean and simple but I also love shabby chic so I tend to do a mixture of both sometimes. Thank you for allowing me to share my journey through pictures with you.

Jessica A


Confession, I'm a crafter. ;)  Now that we have that out of the way, I guess I should say that I am actually a scrapbooking fiend and typically my subjects are my 4-year-old and 2-year old sons. Most of those projects get linked up on my blog so I can enter them into various online challenges - one of my favorites was always Use It Tuesday because they encouraged me to find ways to bust through my stash. I hope I can help you find inspiration in the same way now that I'm on the team! As for other hobbies, well, I make cards and sometimes do some altered art. Oh? Non-paper crafts? That's a little harder. The hubs, and I have an on-again-off-again relationship with road running. We watch a lot of movies and love eating out. And when I can sneak a second I enjoy long soaks in bubble bath with a good book.

Jessica B


Hello my name is Jessica B. I have been married for eight years to an amazing, loving and supportive husband.  We have two beautiful daughters, a four year old and one year old.   We currently live in the Northern Virginia/DC area.  We have only lived here a couple short years and are still exploring the area.  We love being tourist on the weekends. It also gives me a lot of things to scrap about.  During the day, I work full time as an interior designer.  I am usually a night owl and scrap late after my babies have gone to bed.  Though 12x12 layouts are my first love, I do dabble in altered items, mini books and project life.  I started scrapbooking in high school when I returned from a mission trip.  After I created that first album there was no turning back, I was hooked.  I am looking forward to using up my stash of hoarded supplies on the Use It Tuesday design team.  My stash is taking over multiple closets and cabinets.   

Rachel


Hi to you all! I am a crafter first then a cook and cleaner. LOL. I am married to Ralph and we have 2 grown up children: a son Matthew, 26 who is still at home and Aimee, who is 24 and lives in Cardiff  I run  Blossom Cards and Gifts from home and teach card making classes and I also do demos and card party's I like all sorts of crafting, but I like doing shaped cards most of all. I also enjoy scrapbooking. I have been a crafter most of my life. Happy crafting to you all.

Valentina 


Hi Everyone, I'm Valentina and I live in a small city in Italy. I’ve always loved hobby and crafts and when I discovered cardmaking in 2011 it was love the first sight! I found not only a world of wonderful papers, creativity, techniques and ideas, but also a virtual community of REAL friends. I filled a closet with materials that claim to be used, but I always say I've not enough! It's easy to find excuses for a bit more of shopping! When I'm not crafting I love to cook for my husband and my friends and we love to watch food entertainment tv shows. I also have a real passion for makeup, cosmetics and nail art and love Youtube tutorials to learn the makeup artists secrets.


And, Heather will remain as our Design Team Coordinator...


I'm back!! I live in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada with my husband, our young daughter and two always entertaining cats. I focus on card-making, which I've been into since 2008, but, occasionally I'll spread my crafty wings and dabble in other things, such as 3D projects, digital scrapbooking, or sewing. Thanks to the arrival of my daughter, traditional scrapbooking now makes its way into my projects now and then. These days, my biggest challenges are using my quickly accumulating stash and finding time to get into my craft room with a toddler in the house. Wish me luck!

That's it for today. Come back Tuesday, July 8th, for our first challenge of the new term.
The Design Team is keyed up and ready to go!!